The Man with the Colored Beard: ROB WEINER!

ABOUT ROB

Image

Rob Weiner

When asked his age, he responded that he is mentally 15 years old.  Rob is from Brooklyn, Valley Stream, Oceanside, maybe Lynbrook.  Sadly, his apartment complex is getting knocked down because of Hurricane Sandy. Rob became a Cyclones fan in 2003. He became a Cyclones fan because he is also a NY Mets fan and loves “The Isle of Coney”

ROB’S FAVORITE’S

His favorite manager of all time is Wally Backman and his favorite player of all time is Hamilton Bennett, both members of the 2010 Cyclones. Rob’s favorite giveaway has been the Coney Island Skyline jersey (given out on 8/25/13). He is hoping to land his hands on a Wally Backman giveaway jersey from the 2010 season.

Like all Brooklyn Cyclones fans, Rob has tons of memories at MCU Park. His top 2 both took place in the 2013 season.

The first was on Sunday, June 23rd, 2013, Jewish Heritage Day at MCU Park, when a Baby Naming Ceremony was held on the field for his adorable daughter Sara Elizabeth. He was happy to share that moment with his friends, family and Cyclones fans.

The second was a few weeks later on August 29th, the night MCU Park celebrated the 100th Anniversary of Ebbets Field. Because Rob had raised so much money in the Take Your Base 5K, he was allowed to throw out the 1st Pitch before a game. What made it so much more special was that he got to share it with his father, Maier Weiner. To this day, Maier is still upset the Dodgers left Brooklyn. As Rob put it “To share the experience with my father, the man with whom I had my first catch … priceless.”

ROB’S TIME AT MCU PARK

What Rob remembers most from his first Cyclones game was how fun and cool it was. He also liked how close he sat to the action without spending tons of money

Rob is currently a Plan Holder and spends a lot of time sitting in the loud area known as Section 16 with his buddies Phatman, Cowbell Guy, Dmitry Kristal, EJ Rich and the Oliveri brothers. Rob always has his Cyclones flags ready for any celebration, as well as the 7th inning stretch and Hoist Da Colors!

 FINAL WORDS FROM ROB:

“Can’t wait for the upcoming season and the new coaching staff, and an excuse to color my beard.”

  1. […] Rob Weiner, a longtime fan who is liked by many, is sitting in 3rd place. […]

    Like

  2. […] Weiner, a longtime fan of the Brooklyn Cyclones who has been featured as Fan of the Week and as the subject of April Fool’s Satire, will be throwing out the ceremonial First Pitch […]

    Like

  3. […] Rob Weiner, a longtime fan of the Brooklyn Cyclones, will be throwing out the ceremonial First Pitch on Sunday, July 3rd, 2016 when the team re-brands itself as the Coney Island Franks for a game. This promo is in honor of the 100th anniversary of Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog’s […]

    Like

  4. […] Rob Weiner, a longtime Cyclones fan who is loved by many at MCU Park, has announced that he has shaved his famed goatee in support for those with IBeS. Weiner was known to color his goatee to match his jersey. […]

    Liked by 1 person

  5. […] His seats are in Section 16 with his good friends, Daniel Weiss, Dmitry Kristal, Rob Oliveri, Rob Weiner and Mike […]

    Like

  6. […] Thanks to Rob Weiner for supplying a […]