asg logoMany fans are wondering why the NYPL All Star Game is featuring a North Team and a South Team this season.  This was answered by on the Brooklyn Cyclones Facebook page.

It’s not AL vs. NL because there are 8 American League Affiliates (with Houston/ Tri City moving) and 6 National League Affiliates. So in order to have balanced teams, they needed to go to a different set up.

So, without the classic NL vs AL, they had to come up with some ideas.

After thought, the idea of North vs South was chosen. This map, edited by myself, shows how why Cyclones ended up on the South Team.

NS MAP

So there is our map for the All Star Game. Some of us are suicidal upset over the thought that the Cyclones and Yanks will be on the same team. Many Cyclones fans at the 2010 All Star Game in Staten Island were happy when a Cyclones pitcher got a Yankee batter out. A Yankees Suck chant even began at one point.

Other options considered were East / West and New York State vs. Everyone else.

Here is the maps of what could’ve been. I prefer to title it NY vs NOT NY

eq mAPNY MAP