The Man with MCU Park’s Widest Smile

270558_226854747334898_6413221_nABOUT RAUL

Raul Velazquez Jr., 40, has been a Cyclones Fan since the 2001 season, and has been a Mets fan for many years. He became a Cyclones fan because they represented his home borough of Brooklyn. From the Brownsville Section of Brooklyn, Raul can be found sitting usually behind the plate in Section 4 at MCU Park, keeping score of the game in his Cyclones program. Anyone who is Facebook friend’s with Raul knows he always writes a recap of every sporting event he attends, which is why we might have a feature on Brooklyn Baseball Banter called Recapping with Raul.

RAUL’S FAVORITE’S

Raul’s favorite managers have been Edgar Alfonzo and Wally Backman. His favorite player is Cory Vaughn. His favorite giveaways are the hats and jerseys. Raul is always outside of MCU Park on Thursday nice and early so he can add jerseys to his collection. Like many Cyclones fans, he has too many favorite moments to list.

RAUL’S TIME AT MCU PARK

Raul’s first Cyclones game was on Friday, June 29th, 2001 when the Cyclones beat the New Jersey Cardinals (now the State College Spikes) by a score of 7-0. He sat Section 2, Row S, Seat 3, which cost him $8. 13 years later, Raul is a partial Season Ticket holder for weekend games. Like many Cyclones fans, he loves attending games on Jersday Thursday.

FINAL WORDS FROM RAUL:

“I love Brooklyn Cyclones baseball. It is a winning tradition that was born since 2001. I love the pure Minor league Baseball experience. I hope to see the Brooklyn Cyclones can get a couple of more NYPL Championships before I die. LETS GO CYCLONES FOREVER!!!”