Edgardo Alfonzo (c) New York Mets

The third FONZ to set foot in the Brooklyn Dugout?

According to top Mets writer Adam Rubin of ESPN, former Mets 2B/3B Edgardo Alfonzo is expected to serve a Roving Instructor within the Mets Minor League System this summer. Last season, Alfonzo served as an “club ambassador” for the New York Mets, which included leading the World Team in the Futures Game at Citi Field.

Alfonzo played for the Mets from 1995-2002, winning a Silver Slugger Award in 1999 & being named to the NL All Star team in 2000.

His brother Edgar Alfonzo managed the Cyclones in 2001, 2007 & 2008. The Cyclones were named co-champions in 2001 & won the McNamara Division in 2007. The 2008 team missed the playoffs, but finished 1.5 out of the Wild Card.