1922500_10153865393580694_1382659793_n1002783_496649710411227_2015813881_n

ABOUT ROBERT & DANIEL

Robert, 56, lives in Manhattan, while his son Daniel, 22, known as the Brooklyn Cowbell Guy, lives in Flatbush. Robert has been a die-hard Mets fan since the ‘60s, while Daniel has been a Mets fan since he was 7. Both of them became Cyclones fans in 2001. Daniel is a 1st year season ticket holder in Section 16. Robert doesn’t attend as many games, but he usually joins Daniel in Section 16 when he goes. Daniel is known for playing his cowbell during the game and wearing his game used coaches helmet.

ROBERT & DANIEL’S FAVORITES

Robert and Daniel both list Wally Backman as their favorite manager, and his ’86 Style Jersey as their favorite giveaway. Robert remembers seeing Wally play with grit and intensity for the Mets in the 1980s. Robert’s favorite Cyclone of All Time is Daniel Murphy, while Daniel’s is James Roche. Both of them love sausages from the Kosher Stand. Daniel prefers the sweet Italian Sausage while Robert prefers the Spicy Mexican Chorizo. Both of them enjoy the pregame catch on the field on Sundays. They both miss the grass that had to be replaced due to Hurricane Sandy.

Robert’s favorite game was in 2012, when the Cyclones won on a walk-off hit by Alex Sanchez against the SI Yankees. Daniel’s favorite moments have been the 26 inning game, Game 1 of the 2007 playoffs in Staten Island, finishing up a suspended game in 2010 by winning on 5 pitches before seeing the regular game & clinching the playoffs in 2010 & 2011.

DANIEL’S FIRST TIME AT MCU PARK

“Thursday, August 30th 2001 vs the Batavia Muckdogs: My parents took me & my siblings to a game in August. Having been to so many games at Shea Stadium, it was weird being in a 1 level ballpark with only single colored seats (vs Shea’s red, green, blue and orange seats). I remember Party Marty entertaining the crowd.

While I do not remember much of the game, I do remember that late in the game, the crowd started heckling the RF Erick Rivera by chanting “EHHHHHHHH-RICK! EHHHHHHHH-RICK!” & it was getting under his skin. At one point a teammate of his went over to him to talk. After that, the fans began chanting “ERICK’S FRIEND! ERICK’S FRIEND!” to the CF.

After the game, I got autographs from Party Marty & catcher Brett Kay. My father reminds me of how I was yelling “HOWARD JOHN-SON!” to get HoJo’s autograph, which sadly I didn’t get.”

ROBERT’S FIRST TIME AT MCU PARK

“I went in July of 2001. There had never been Minor League ball in the five boroughs and I had never gone to a Minor League game, so it was nice to go to a small ballpark and attend a baseball game at an affordable price. I remember enjoying the nice breeze off the Coney Island Boardwalk. I spent a good portion of the game exploring KeySpan Park, which I what still call it.”

FINAL WORDS FROM ROBERT:

Can’t wait for the new season! Ever since they tore down Shea Stadium, MCU Park has been my home.

FINAL WORDS FROM DANIEL:

I love the Cyclones & I am looking forward to the 2014 NYPL All Star Game. I hope Tom Gamboa will manage better than Donnelly did. Can’t wait to see everyone in June & I hope people follow Brooklyn Baseball Banter & Brooklyn Cyclones News & Memes!

  1. […] Daniel Weiss, Season Ticket Holder, Section 16; Founder of Brooklyn Baseball Banter […]

    Liked by 1 person

  2. […] Williams & Daniel Weiss are coordinating the trip. up. Sam will be coordinating those who wish to use Public Transit. […]

    Liked by 1 person

  3. […] Daniel Weiss, the Brooklyn Cowbell Guy & the Editor in Chief of Brooklyn Baseball Banter, leads the contest with over 80 votes. Weiss, however, will be far from easy to take down. […]

    Like

  4. […] and is currently a Cyclones Mini Plan Holder. His seats are in Section 16 with his good friends, Daniel Weiss, Dmitry Kristal, Rob Oliveri, Rob Weiner and Mike […]