250px-Benny_DistefanoEarlier today, the New York Mets promoted Luis Natera to the newly created role of Assistant Hitting Coach. Natera, who is in his 24th season with the Mets organization, was slated to be the AA Binghamton Mets hitting coach for the 2014 season

With the newly opened coaching vacancy, Brooklyn Cyclones Hitting Coach Benny Distefano is rumored to be one of the replacements for Natera in Binghamton. Distefano served as the High-A St. Lucie Mets hitting coach in 2012 & 2013.