269996_249805058363046_3320891_nABOUT DMITRY

Dmitry Kristal, 33, has been a Brooklyn Cyclones fan since 2010. Dmitry was born in Odessa, Ukraine and now lives in Coney Island. Dmitry currently works at Apple Bank. This employment, coupled with his love of baseball has made him the subject of some Communist jokes. Due to the close proximity of MCU Park to his house and the affordability of the team, becoming a Cyclones fan was a convenient choice, even though Dmitry is a fan of the New York Yankees. A season ticket holder since 2011, Dmitry sits in the ever popular Section 16 with his buddies Rob, Phatman, Nicole, Daniel, Chris, Rob and EJ!

DMITRY’S FAVORITES

Dmitry’s favorite manager has been Rich Donnelly due to his friendliness towards Dmitry. Because Section 16 is right near First Base, Dmitry has always been big on the team’s First Basemen, especially Cole Frenzel. Dmitry helped found the fan group Cole Miner’s. His favorite giveaway night is the garage sale giveaway, which hasn’t happened due to Hurricane Sandy. Dmitry’s favorite ballpark food is the Carvel hot fudge sundae in a Cyclones helmet cup. Dmitry’s favorite moment at MCU Park was a 2012 doubleheader against the Staten Island Yankees that went into extra innings in both games. Dmitry remembers how he and a handful of fans stayed for both games.

DMITRY’S FIRST TIME AT MCU PARK

Dmitry remembers how good the team was when he started going. The 2011 team had numerous All Stars, which got Dmitry hooked on the team. The giveaways of shirts and jerseys helped as well.

FINAL WORDS FROM DMITRY:

I can’t wait for the All-Star game this year. Not only will I share the field with minor league’s best players (a season ticket holder benefit,) but I can’t wait to mingle and interact with fans of other teams, who I’m sure will organize bus tours and sit with us. I’m sure it will be a sellout, so I hope everyone gets their tickets early!

  1. […] a Cyclones Mini Plan Holder. His seats are in Section 16 with his good friends, Daniel Weiss, Dmitry Kristal, Rob Oliveri, Rob Weiner and Mike […]