02dd485306869e9b78ac41354eb584a7.200While browsing the web this morning, I hit on the Cyclones Social Scoreboard link on the Brooklyn Cyclones web page. Instead of the page that I was used to seeing, it showed that the domain name is now available for purchase by GoDaddy. Now while this could be a temporary lapse by the team, yet I feel that they are pulling the plug on the Cyclones Social Scoreboard.

For those who do not know, the Cyclones Social Scoreboard was a program launched in 2012 to market the team through the fans and social media. Fans would LIKE and SHARE stuff on FaceBook, Tweet Cyclones Hashtags and Retweet the Cyclones on Twitter, post photos using Cyclones Hashtags and like Cyclones photos on Instgram, and LIKE and Comment on Cyclones YouTube videos. Fans would be rewarded for their efforts with prizes such as hats, t-shirts, jerseys, Cyclones Cash and top prizes included weekend at Mets Spring Training, a luxury suite and money to Kings Plaza Mall.

While the program was a big success in 2012, there was a drop off in usage during the 2013 season, which might have led to the team’s choice to pull the plug.