10157104_867271963289487_404425122_nABOUT RALPH

Ralph Schneider, 18, has been a Brooklyn Cyclones fan since 2003. He regularly began attending games in 2005. The native of Marine Park has been a season ticket holder, along with his father Larry, since 2007. Ralph became a Cyclones fan because of his father. Larry took his son to a game there and Ralph fell in love with the place, even though his grandfather raised him to be a NY Yankees fan. However, he roots for the team that represents his borough, and according to Ralph, there is nothing better than a Cyclones game. Ralph and Larry sit in Section 12, Row G.

 RALPH’S FAVORITE’S

10253424_867271336622883_457870497_nRalph’s favorite manager is Wally Backman. As Ralph said “He just played a fun, interesting brand of baseball, and it sure helps that 2010 was my favorite team to date.” Ralph’s favorite player of all time was LHP Jimmy Johnson of the 2008 Cyclones. According to Ralph “I held up a sign that year that said “It’s Jimmy Johnson Time!” in reference to my dad’s dismay whenever they’d bring in a reliever with an unsuccessful outing. The sign gave me my 15 seconds of fame when it was shown on SNY and commented on by Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez, and Ron Darling.”

Like many longtime Cyclones fans, Ralph has amassed roomfuls of giveaways. After much thought, Ralph settled on the Ike Davis “Bobble-Legs” for its unique design, and because Ike signed it for him. Ralph’s favorite ballpark food is the Chicken Tenders and Fries, which Ralph calls the “Best deal in MCU Park.”

When asked what his all-time favorite moment at MCU Park was, here is what Ralph responded

“Wow…favorite moment. I guess the difficulty I find in answering these questions speaks volumes for how much I love the Cyclones and MCU Park. What can I say? I’ve had birthdays at the park, met a future Miss America along with countless future major leaguers, saw my dad attempt to wolf down hamburgers in an eating contest, lost graciously in a rock, paper, scissors contest, competed and won against both my parents on separate occasions in embarrassing (for them) on-field contests, got complimented on my hitting by Jared King (2013 Cyclone) during STH batting practice, and overall met great people that I now call friends over the seven years and counting I’ve been a season ticket holder.”

WHAT RALPH REMEMBERS FROM HIS 1ST TIME AT MCU PARK

10255672_867271339956216_452797791_n“I remember very vividly that I was with my dad and my grandpa. My grandpa is the reason I became a baseball fan. My first Cyclones game was also my first professional baseball game as a fan. I was 9 years old at the time. They were playing the New Jersey Cardinals. I think I still have the ticket somewhere, but anyways what I can remember most prominently is how much my grandpa wanted to get me a ball for my first game. My grandpa was a very persistent man, and he kept asking all of the players for a ball. We were sitting right behind the Cyclones dugout, so it must’ve been Section 12. Well, I have that ball now which may not seem such a big deal, but the fact that my grandpa was so willing to do that for me is something I’ll never forget. I must have collated 50 or so baseballs over the years, but that one by far is the most special.”

FINAL WORDS FROM RALPH:

“Most people will know me as one of the autograph seekers. I also plan to perform at MCU Park sometime this season as a vocalist along with my choir—the Brooklyn Youth Chorus. The Cyclones and Coney Island have been an integral part of my summer for as long as I can remember and I look forward to another great year in 2014! Let’s Go Cyclones, and thank you for taking time to read my story.”

  1. […] Ralph Schneider, another longtime fan, is sitting in 2nd with 32 votes. […]