DSC03610Last night was Season Ticket Holder Night at Citi Field for Brooklyn Cyclones Fans. Certain fans were treated to a Meet & Greet with former Cyclones. The Cyclones fans were seated in Right Field in Sections 104-109.

MEET & GREET

C Juan Centeno (’09 & ’10) & SS Wilmer Flores (’08) posed for a group photo and signed for fans. The event was held from 5;15 to 5:30 in the Media Room.

THE GAME

The game was filled with former Cyclones handling the scoring & making great plays.

TOP 1st: CF Juan Lagares (‘08) makes a diving catch off Andrew McCutchen to end the inning.

BOTTOM 3rd: 2B Daniel Murphy (’06) hits a 1-out double. 2 batters later, RF Bobby Abreu singles him in to give the Mets the 1-0 lead.

BOTTOM 4th: SS Ruben Tejada hits a 1-out double. Tejada advanced to 3rd on a Wild Pitch. CF Juan Lagares singles him in to give the Mets a 2-0 lead.

TOP 6th: Pirates score 2 runs to tie the game at 2-2. PH Ike Davis (’08) comes up to a mix of cheers and boos from Mets fans. He strikes out to end the inning.

BOTTOM 6th: Ruben Tejada walks. In the next 2 at bats, Tejada advances to 3rd on 2 Wild Pitches. Juan Lagares hit a single, scoring Tejada. Daniel Murphy then doubles in Lagares, giving the Mets a 4-2 lead.

BOTTOM 9th: RF Curtis Granderson makes a game saving catch. Jenrry Mejia (’08) closes the game out to earn the save.

WHAT FANS THOUGHT

Most fans were generally happy with the event, however numerous people missed the meet & greet due to its short & early scheduling. A few people stated they were upset with the players sent (Centeno & Flores)

1 fan told Brooklyn Baseball Banter “First, I got sent by the Citi Field Staff to the wrong place & missed the Meet & Greet. It doesn’t help that the letter sent by the Cyclones wasn’t clear and had such a short time span [5:15 to 5:30]. Second: The Mets don’t draw well, so I don’t get why we got the view obstructed seats in RF as opposed to seats upstairs in the Infield. That great catch by Granderson in the 9th was missed because of the ballpark’s bad design.”

PHOTOS FROM LAST NIGHT

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

  1. […] To read about last year’s Brooklyn Cyclones Season Ticket Holder Night at Citi Field, CLICK HERE […]

    Like

  2. CycloneFanSince01 says:

    Nice article Cowbell Guy! I enjoy reading this blog!