10453362_10100428536856048_3386770647219804946_n

Tonight, Season Ticket Holders & Mini Plan Holders were invited to an open practice for the Brooklyn Cyclones. Fans were given a sneak peek at this year’s players. Even though the weather was very cloudy, that did not stop fans from showing up to watch the team practice. Former Mets All Star Infielder Edgardo Alfonzo was on hand, helping the infielders work on their fielding. Fans had a chance to get autographs and pictures with the beloved member of the ’99 & ’00 Mets.

The coaches had plenty of positives things to say about in Brooklyn. Hitting Coach Benny Distefano told Brooklyn Baseball Banter, “It is great being back in Brooklyn. It is nice seeing so many familiar faces. The fans here are so loyal.”

Pitching Coach Tom Signore was telling fans “I am loving the weather here. It was so hot in Vegas.” Signore, a native of Connecticut, now lives outside of Syracuse. Signore told Brooklyn Baseball Banter it was great working with former Cyclones managers Wally Backman and George Greer in Las Vegas. “Now I am looking forward to working with these youngsters and Gamboa.”

Joe Lego, the Cyclones Strength Coach, who had his graduation from LIU Brooklyn at MCU Park said “It is great to be working here. When I was in LIU Brooklyn, I caught a few games. The Cyclones have a great fanbase & this is a great place to work.”

Some players showed some promise. Many fans noticed that Catcher Tyler Moore, an LSU product, was hitting the ball particularly well. His father, Steve Moore, was on hand to watch his son practice. “This ballpark is beautiful. Such an amazing park. I’ve been sending my friends plenty of photos of this place,” said the proud father, who had purchased a Cyclones hoodie and cap. “I plan on catching the first 4 games [against Staten Island] and I hope to see the Cyclones do well this year as a team.”

One fan noted that Gamboa had a more feisty approach than predecessor Rich Donnelly. “Hopefully a new era of play will begin in Brooklyn.”

Pics from Fans

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

  1. Morey says:

    Great pictures! Reminds me of when I use to go down to the city for baseball games.