10464293_781528538537645_3558865508759671620_n

During the Top of 6th of tonight’s game, Brooklyn Cyclones Director of Communications Billy Harner said on air to Cyclones Broadcaster Stu Johnson that Edgardo Alfonzo will serve as a coach for all the home games this season. He did not specify if Fonzie will coach some of the local road games against the Staten Island Yankees or Hudson Valley Renegades.

Edgardo is the 3rd member of the Alfonzo family to don a Cyclones uniform. His older brother was the teams inaugural manager in 2001 & served as skipper in 2007 & 2008. His nephew, Edgar Alfonzo Jr. pitched in 20 games for the Cyclones in 2004 & another 2 in 2005.