1148940_508702692539262_2119494684_nLongtime Brooklyn Cyclones fan Dr. Robert Weiss has been selected by the Brooklyn Cyclones to sing the Israeli National Anthem “Hatikvah” (The Hope) on Jewish Heritage Day. The Brooklyn Cyclones will take on the Aberdeen Ironbirds at 1 p.m. on Sunday, July 6th in their 1st ever Sunday early afternoon game.

Dr. Weiss sang the Israeli National Anthem for the Newark Bears on Jewish Heritage Night 2013 (pictured above). Newark Bears Manager and former MLB All Star Garry Templeton said “He sang very beautifully.” Dr. Weiss has sang at synagogues throughout America and Israel.

999555_505636079512590_448689593_nHis son, Daniel “Cowbell Guy” Weiss, the Editor-in-Chief of Brooklyn Baseball Banter and Head Admin of Brooklyn Cyclones News & Memes, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch as well. Daniel has thrown out a ceremonial first pitch once before. He threw out the 1st pitch on Newark Bears on Jewish Heritage Night 2013. While he got it over the plate to Bears Jewish Pitcher Adam Gabel, it was a little high.