qmeme_1403584952901_806The Brooklyn Cyclones 6 game winning streak came to an end tonight with a loss to the Hudson Valley Renegades.

Both starters in this game shined. Corey Oswalt pitched 7 shutout innings, allowing just 3 hits and one walk to go with 6 strikeouts. Hunter Wood pitched 6 shutout innings, also allowing 3 hits while giving up 1 walk against 5 strikeouts. Darren Fisher & Josh Kimborowicz combined for 4 innings of 1 hit, 4 strikeout ball.

Brooklyn’s offensive would be held to just 90 feet all night, as none of the 7 baserunners would make it to 2nd base. Hudson Valley’s offensive was only slightly better. Casey Gillespie would get as far as 3rd base in the 4th inning. That would be all until the 10th inning.

With 2 outs and Scarlyn Reyes on the mound in the 10th, Coty Blanchard would reach on an infield single. After a quick swipe of 2nd, Blanchard would score on a single by Clayton Henning. After getting the last out, Brooklyn would go down in order to end their lucky stretch.

2 scary moments happened during tonight’s game. The first came during the dizzy bat race, when both contested had a head on collision. Both were eventually able to get up. No other word on their conditions. The 2nd came during the 9th, when a foul ball by Michael Katz almost struck this reporter. Lucky, I escaped without injury.

With this loss, the Cyclones fall to 8-3 on the season, tied with the State College Spikes for best record in the NYPL. They still lead the McNamara Division by 1 game. The Cyclones will play in Hudson Valley tomorrow, with first pitch scheduled for 6:05 pm.