photo.php

Photo Courtesy of Chris Oliveri

During the 2013 season, every time the Cyclones scored, “Bucky The Brooklyn Bucaneer” would run from dugout to dugout celebrating & pumping up the crowd to the tune of Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani. Intern Daniel DePasquale played Bucky and quickly became a fan favorite.

During the off-season, I had lunch with Daniel every now and then in the Brooklyn College cafeteria. We would usually discuss the Brooklyn Cyclones and who we thought would be the manager next season. He told me the pirate idea was not going to be brought back in 2014 because they wanted something more beach related. While I personally never understood why they had a pirate of all things, I will admit the “Bucky” idea was very popular. He told me they had other ideas in mind, such as Dan the Super (or Rally) Fan. Many fans probably don’t remember, when Daniel first pumped up the crowd, he was Dan the Rally Man. He ran giving out Cyclones flags and I was lucky enough to be handed one before giving it to a little kid nearby.

Sadly, this season, we don’t have Bucky (or Dan the Rally Fan). While Daniel still works for the Cyclones and is still called Bucky fans, we do not see him pump up the crowd every time the Cyclones score. Many fans have stated they wanted Bucky back. Mark Cohen of Section 12 said “The other night we had a rally going in the 9th. Having Bucky pump up the crowd would have been great.”

“Having Bucky run back and forth was awesome,” said Chris Oliveri, Season Ticket Holder from Section 16. “When we had a rally going, Bucky was there to get the fans pumped.”

So my request to the Brooklyn Cyclones Management is this: Please bring back Bucky or unveil Dan the Rally Fan.

  1. Mac says:

    Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. That is a very neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your helpful info. Thank you for the post.

    I’ll certainly comeback.

    Like

  2. Janessa says:

    Greetings! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?

    Thanks!

    Like

  3. Miguel Cortez says:

    Thanks to my father who stated to me regarding this webpage, this weblog is actually awesome.

    Like

  4. Joey K says:

    This information is invaluable. Where can I find out more?