Bsi8vQ1CMAA21G_.jpg large

Photo courtesy of Stu Johnson

The Brooklyn Cyclones game vs the Connecticut Tigers was called in the Top of the 6th due to heavy fog at Dodd Stadium. The Cyclones were trailing 2-0 at the time.

For the 2nd straight night, the Tigers took an early lead in the Bottom of the 1st. Rashad Brown led off with a double, moved to 3rd to batters later on a passed ball & score the following at bat on a single by Michael Gerber. The Tigers added another in the 4th, thanks to Gerber and Joseph Pankake hit back-to-back one-out singles to make it 1st & 3rd. The Tigers then executing a double steal, scoring Gerber for the Tigers 2nd run of the game.
The Cyclones did manage 5 hits, but couldn’t score any runs. In the Top of the 6th, the fog rolled in. After a 48 minute delay, the game was called, giving the Tigers fans a reason to wave their brooms. This resulted in the Cyclones 5th straight loss. The Cyclones have fallen to 15-16, 3rd place in the McNamara Division. They are tied with the Staten Island Yankees, who lost both games of a twinbill with State College, for 3rd.