BtRE7-cIEAA_rCF.jpg large

Click to Enlarge Photo Courtesy of Stu Johnson

The Brooklyn Cyclones & Aberdeen Ironbirds are currently in a rain delay. Accuweather.com calls for rain until 8:50, so we might resume. The game was delayed after the 1st inning ended.

The Cyclones jumped out to an early lead in the top of the 1st. Adrian Abreu led off the game with a walk. Amed Rosario singled to center, moving Abreu to 2nd. Jhoan Urena singled to left, scoring Abreu. Michael Conforto went down looking & Michael Katz flew out to left.

Aberdeen quickly struck back in the Bottom of the 1st off starter Casey Meisner. Jay Gonzalez bunted back to Meisner. Meisner overthrew 1st & the ball went into right, so Gonzalez ended up at 3rd. Justin Viele reaches on an error by Rosario, scoring Gonzalez. Austin Anderson hit a ground-rule double to center to make it 2nd & 3rd. Alex Murphy singled to left, scoring Viele and moving Anderson to 3rd. Hector Veloz went down looking. Riley Palmer singled on a bunt, scoring Anderson. Meisner got out of the inning by getting Tanner Murphy & Jamill Moquete to fly out to LF Michael Conforto.

As soon as the out was made, the umps cleared the field as it got cloudy. Grounds crew put the tarp on the field.