DSC03752

(L to R) Daniel “Cowbell Guy” Weiss, Rob Weiner, Mark Cohen, Gary Fishbein, Larry, David “The Wolf” Pecoraro & Jose Suarez

Yesterday, about a dozen fans, went down to Trenton, NJ to see the Binghamton Mets take on the Trenton Thunder (Yankees AA). Included were myself, Mark Cohen, Rob Weiner, David Pecoraro, Gary Fishbein, Larry, Marc Talkofsky, Josh, Abe, Jose Suarez and 2 others who name I didn’t catch. Also in attendance was Paul Hadsall, writer of Paul’s Random Baseball Stuff.

Some fans took the train, some drove or rode with others. For all of us, it was a chance to see some former Cyclones who made it up to AA. It was also a chance for some to see Arm & Hammer Park for the 1st time. To see my Review of Arm & Hammer Park, CLICK HERE. To see photos from the trip, CLICK HERE

Rob Weiner had on a game worn Brandon Nimmo road jersey that he won in a STRIKE raffle on Opening Night this year. David Pecoraro had on a game worn, Pedro Lopez 2009 Cycloni jersey he won on. David also was in the Dizzy Bat Race & beat Marc Talkofsky.

There were a number of former Cyclones players, coaches & staff on the B-Mets: Pedro Lopez, Luis Rivera, Matt Bowman, Angel Cuan, Randy Fontanez, Adam Kolarek, Rainy Lara, Jack Leathersich, Tyler Pill, Hansel Robles, Gabriel Ynoa, Xorge Carrillo, Jayce Boyd, T.J. Rivera, Rylan Sandoval, Wilfredo Tovar, Darrell Ceciliani, Brandon Nimmo, Travis Taijeron, & Deb Iwanow.

 THE GAME

Binghamton struck 1st in the Top of the 3rd. Travis Taijeron walked. Kai Gronauer reached on an error. A wild pitch made it 2nd & 3rd and got the chants of “LETS GO METS!” rolling. from the Met fans who came. Rylan Sandoval grounded out to score Taijeron.

Trenton tied in up in the Bottom of the 3rd, thanks to a homer by Jake Cave. They took the lead in the Bottom of the 5th, thanks to a leadoff homer by Casey Stevenson. After the home run, the Thunder got back-to-back singles to make it 1st & 3rd. Ben Gamel hit a sac fly to score one. Tyler Austin hit into a double play to end the inning.

Binghamton managed to get 1 Top of the 6th. T. J. Rivera reached on an infield single, went to 2nd on a passed ball 2 at bats later and scored on a single by Jayce Boyd.

The Yankees blew it open in the Bottom of the 6th. Mason Williams hit a one-out single. He scored 2 batters later on a double by Jose Toussen. Stevenson singled to right, scoring Toussen. Ali Castillo was hit by pitch, moving Stevenson to 2nd. Cave hit a triple to right that scored Stevenson & Castillo.

Down 7-2 going into the 9th, the B-Mets only got one run in. Jayce Boyd singled to left. Darrell Ceciliani flew out. Taijeron Boyd to 3rd. Gronauer singled to left, scoring Boyd & moving Taijeron to 3rd. Gronauer went to 2nd on defensive indifference. The chants of LETS GO METS got loud, but it was all for naught, as Rylan Sandoval went down looking and Kyle Johnson flew out.

 AFTER THE GAME

After the game, most of us stayed to get autographs and see former players & coaches. Many of the players remembered us from their time in Brooklyn. I got a broken bat from Ceciliani during the game & he signed it. Jose Suarez got a bat from Bronx native T.J. Rivera. Rob Weiner had Nimmo sign his jersey. Rob Weiner also did a great thing. He gave Nimmo his beach towel that had Nimmo on it to keep.

 ABOUT CYCLONES FANS ROADTRIPS

All of our road trips are open to fans. Most are published on Brooklyn Cyclones: News & Memes.

We like to see the Cyclones road games outside of NYC. We’ve done Hudson Valley, Tri City & Connecticut. Sometimes we travel as a group using public transportation, sometimes we carpool.

We also like to see former Cyclones when they move up. We’ve seen the B-Mets when they come into Trenton & Sand Gnats when they come to Lakewood.

  1. […] also ran into Brooklyn’s “Cowbell Guy,” who made a field trip to the game since his Brooklyn Cyclones were on the […]