Pedro Perez (c) Pat Sanchez

The Mets filled the hole at 1B in Brooklyn by promoting Pedro Perez from the Kingsport Mets. In 43 games with the K-Mets, Perez hit .242 with 10 doubles, 3 HRs & 19 RBS. The native of Cartagena, Colombia joined the DSL Mets in 2011 and has spent the last 3 years in Kingsport. He has played mostly 1B & 3B.

The Cyclones have had a big hole at 1B since Michael Katz went down with a knee injury on July 27th. Will Fulmer, Tyler Moore, Adrian Abreu & Jeff Diehl have all chipped in to cover 1B. This move comes as a surprise to many, as Perez is hitting .188 in his last 10 games.