qmeme_1408247368339_388BOX SCORE & PLAY-BY-PLAY

The Cyclones won their 2nd straight off the Vermont Lake Monsters in Vermont tonight.
Brooklyn got on the scoreboard in the Top of the 3rd off Lake Monsters starter Cristhian Perez. John Mora reach on a 2-out single. Amed Rosario doubled to center, scoring Mora, but got thrown out trying to stretch it to a triple. Brooklyn added another in the Top of the 4th. Michael Conforto was hit by pitch. After getting Jhoan Urena and Tomas Nido to fly out to right, Conforto stole 3rd and scored on a double by Tyler Moore. Pedro Perez popped out to end the inning.

Alberto Baldonado threw 5 shutout innings. Carlos Valdez threw 2.2 innings. He ran into trouble in the Bottom of the 8th. Max Kuhn drew a 2-out walk. Gaither Bumgardner was called into pitch and Trent Gilbert pinch hit for Gabriel Santana. A passed ball sent Kuhn to 2nd. Gilbert singled to center scoring Kuhn, but was thrown out trying to stretch it into a single.

Shane Bay pitched a scoreless 9th for his 9th save of the season. With this win, the Magic Number is down to 14.