NYPL All Star GameWith a crowd of 7,230 on hand last night for the 2014 New York Penn League All Star Game, MCU Park was hopping with excitement.

The North All-Stars got their only run in the Top of the 5th. With Williamsport’s David Whitehead pitching, 2 singles were given up to make it 1st & 2nd, followed by 2 strikeouts. Tri City’s Nick Tanielu singled to right driving in the North’s only run.

The South All-Stars tied it up in the Bottom of the 7th. Staten Island Luis Torrens hit a 1-out double to right. SI’s Isaias Tejeda reached on an error sending Torrens to 3rd. Williamsport’s Derek Campbell hit a sacrifice fly to center, scoring Torrens.

The South had the winning run on 3rd in the last of the 9th, but Tejeda swung at a 3-0 pitch with 2 outs to end the game with a 1-1 tie to the dismay of fans.

Nick Tanielu was named the All Star Game MVP. The 2015 NYPL All Star Game will be played at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen.

  1. […] was named to the 2014 New York Penn League All Star Game, which was played in MCU Park. In the 1-1 tie, Bernal struck out in his 1 at […]

    Like

  2. […] the 2014 All Star Game, Bay pitched a shutout 9th […]

    Like

  3. Opal says:

    Cheers!

    Like

  4. […] year after the All Star Game ending in a 1-1 tie after 9, fans of the New York – Penn League were once again disappointed in the results of the 2015 […]