qmeme_1408740214275_984After a blowout to the Yankees on Wednesday night, the Cyclones bounced back to beat the Yankees in Coney Island. The place was full for the final Jersday Thursday of the season. Many were also on hand to see Daisuke Matsuzaka in a rehab start for Brooklyn.

Matsuzaka pitched very well, giving up only 2 hits and 2 walks while striking out 7 over 5 innings. In the and Dillon McNamara pitching for the Yankees, Pedro Perez hit a 1-out double to right and went to 3rd on an error. Michael Bernal hit a double that scored Perez to make it 1-0. Alfredo Reyes, in his MCU Park debut, singled to right, but Bernal was nailed at home.

McNamara got out of the inning, however, he ran into trouble in the next inning. Adrian Abreu led off with a walk. Michael Conforto hit into a 5-4 force out and Jhoan Urena hit into a 6-4 force out. Tomas Nido singled to make it 1st & 2nd. Tyler Moore singled to center scoring Urena. McNamara got Perez to ground out, but the Cyclones were up 2-0.

Brad Wieck and Kelly Secrest pitched a combined 3 scoreless innings. Shane Bay got his 14th save of the season.

The win and a late game rally by the Spinners has widened the Cyclones lead over the Tigers to 2 games. The Magic Number has dropped to 10.