qmeme_1408842593449_896BOX SCORE & PLAY-BY-PLAY

One night after an amazing offensive output against one of the New York Penn League’s top teams, the Cyclones bats were held to just 5 hits against the Tri-City ValleyCats.

Corey Oswalt pitched 6 scoreless innings and Eddie Villasmil threw a scoreless 7th. The game remained scoreless until the Top of the 8th when Kelly Secrest was called in to pitch. Jason Martin reached on a bunt single. Mott Hyde bunted Martin to 2nd. Jamie Ritchie singled to center scoring Martin. Secrest got Derek Fisher to fly out and Ricky Gingras to ground out to end the inning with the Cyclones down 1-0.

Tri-City blew it open in the Top of the 9th. Luis Rengel was called into pitch. Terrell Joyce hit a 1-out triple to center and Alfredo Gonzalez pinch-ran for him. Alex Hernandez was hit by pitch. Juan Santana singled to right scoring Gonzalez and sending Hernandez to 3rd. Cyclones Manager Tom Gamboa called on Juan Urbina to pitch. Urbina got Martin to pop out, but gave up a 3-run homer to Hyde to make it 5-0. Urbina got James Ritchie to go down swinging to end the inning.