qmeme_1409489558630_133BOX SCORE & PLAY-BY-PLAY

The Cyclones completed their series in Tri-City last night, as they fell to ValleyCats by a score of 3-2 for the 2nd straight night, which now has Brooklyn on the verge of elimination.

Brooklyn took a 1-0 lead in the Top of the 1st off ValleyCats starter Jake Rodriguez. John Mora reached on an error, then went to 2nd on a passed ball. Amed Rosario singled to left, moving Mora to 3rd. Michael Conforto grounded into a 4-6-3 double play, scoring Mora. Jhoan Urena grounded out to end the inning.

Tri-City took the lead in the Bottom of the 5th thanks to a leadoff single by Mott Hyde and a homer by Jose Solano off Cyclones starter Marcos Molina. Nick Tanielu homered in the Bottom of the 6th to make it 3-1.

For the 2nd straight night, the Cyclones rallied in the Top of the 9th, but fell short. Conforto led off with a homer to right off Chris Munnelly to make it 3-2. Urena doubled to left, knocking Munnelly out for Ryan Thompson. Adrian Abreu struck out swinging, but Pedro Perez moved Urena to 3rd on a ground out. Michael Bernal walked, but it came to an end when Tucker Tharp grounded out toend the game.

With this loss, coupled with the Tigers win, the Cyclones and Tigers are tied for the NYPL Wild Card, with the Tigers winning the tie-breaker. The Cyclones need to finish at least 1 game ahead of the Tigers to go to the NYPL Playoffs.