10626700_660969367343653_4652536681245123802_nBrooklyn Cyclones Interim Pitching Coach Dave LaRoche told Brooklyn Baseball Banter last night that he is most likely going back to retirement. The 66-year old joined the Cyclones on July 22nd and ended up finishing the season in Brooklyn. Tom Signore had to miss the remainder of the season due to symptoms from a concussion suffered in Las Vegas. LaRoche spent time with the Mets during Spring Training as pitcher instructor.

At one point I asked him “Coach, the last few days, must wins, playoff race etc., aren’t you gonna miss that?” To which he said “I will.”

  1. […] Interim Pitching Coach, filling in for Tom Signore. He informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter after 2014 he was retiring, but Signore did not recover and had to sit out this […]

    Like

  2. […] Signore served as Pitching Coach for the Cyclones from Opening Day until July 13th, when symptoms related to the concussion began to act up again. After Ron Romanick filled in for a few games, the Mets decided to have LaRoche fill in as Interim Pitching Coach so Romanick could return to his role of Minor League Pitching Coordinator. Signore’s return took longer than expected, and he ended up missing the remainder of the 2014 season. LaRoche did inform Brooklyn Baseball Banter at the end of the 2014 season that he was planning on going back to retirement. […]

    Like

  3. […] Dave LaRoche, 66, who took over for Signore in July, has gone back to retirement. He had informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter of this hours after the season ended. […]