Bolts FrontAs many of us know, a new football team in the FXFL (Fall Expiremental Football League) named the Brooklyn Bolts will be playing their home games at MCU Park. With the season weeks away, a number of people have inquired if (a) I will be attending an Brooklyn Bolts Games & (b) if I will be covering the Bolts.

The answer to the 1st one is NO. Due to the home schedule of 2 Friday games & the Wednesday game coinciding with the 1st night of Succos, I will be unable to attend any home games. If someone wants to borrow one of my cowbells to use for DE-FENSE & LETS GO BOLTS chants, let me know.

The answer to B is that I am willing provide coverage of the Bolts on this site. The only condition I set is that someone else writes the articles. While I have an extensive knowledge of baseball & basketball, I do not know football as well. I followed the Jets in the past, but football was never my passion in comparison to baseball and basketball. If anyone is interested, please email me at BrooklynBaseballBanter@aol.com

On a related note, the Brooklyn Cyclones get their name from the nearby Cyclone rollercoaster. A few people, myself included, have wondered if the Brooklyn Bolts get their name from the recently added Thunderbolt rollercoaster. So I asked Cyclones/Bolts VP Steve Cohen about the name & here was his response

“Partially. Ties into the amusement/weather theme.”

So, their you have it. The name is somewhat related, so you can chalk that answer up as a yes.