FV5ljMVh A few weeks ago, former Brooklyn Cyclones Manager Wally Backman was promoted to the New York Mets coaching staff. Backman, a fan favorite in Brooklyn, managed the Mets AAA Affiliate, the Las Vegas 51s, to a playoff berth this past season.

According to recent rumors, it is possible that Tim Teufel, a member of the ’86 Mets who managed the Cyclones in 2003, will move from his current role of 3B Coach and become Hitting Coach. The current hitting coach, Lamar Johnson, replaced Dave Hudgens after he was fired in May. With a potential vacancy at 3B, Wally would most likely get the role. This could also lead to a promotion for Binghamton Mets Manager Pedro Lopez, who could replace Backman in Las Vegas. Lopez managed the Binghamton Mets to an Eastern League Championship this season.