jamestown_e2z7yhee_vanof3rmToday, it was announced that the New York Penn League’s newest West Virginia will be called the West Virginia Black Bears. They will play their games in Morgantown, WV after 75 years in Jamestown, NY. They are the affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

The Black Bear is the official state animal of West Virginia. The Black Bear is large and ferocious, but is also a highly intelligent animal, which can both outwit and outsmart its opponent, giving it many advantages to earn victory.

“We are very excited to begin our identity as the West Virginia Black Bears and continue moving forward to Opening Day 2015,” said Matt Drayer, GM of the Black Bears. “We want to thank all the great baseball fans of WV for their tremendous support and engagement throughout the naming process.”

  1. […] would be next in the original rotation, but the West Virginia Black Bears, which joined the New York – Penn League in 2015, is on a college campus and has the ability to accommodate the players and necessary […]