qmeme_1416774890013_696For 14 years, Brooklyn’s MCU Park and Staten Island’s Richmond County Bank Ballpark have both been touted as 2 of the greatest MiLB ballparks and have often vied for the #1 Spot in the NYPL.

While both ballparks have their pros and cons, such as Staten Island having better sightlines while Brooklyn has more color to their park, both of them could use some slight improvement in some categories. Over the next few weeks. I am going to discuss how the Cyclones can improve MCU Park without major overhauls.

We are going to start with something that has bothered me for years at MCU Park. The Cyclones have made the playoffs 9 times in the 14 years they have been around. The only indication in the ballpark of this is above the elevators outside the administrative offices on the first floor. As nice as it is, it is not visible while watching the game.

What the front office should do this offseason is add 10 banners to the one of the 2 areas in the photo below to show the team’s on field success. 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, & 2010 should all be labeled in one color as McNamara Division Champs. 2006, 2009, 2011 & 2012 should all be labeled in another color as Wild Card Champs. There should also be a 2001 NYPL Co-Champs Pennant in black, indicating that the series was cancelled because our nation was in mourning because of the 9/11 terror attacks.

The photo below shows 2 possible places for the team to put the pennants. Arrow A is above the press area, while Arrow B is on the Lower Suite Level.

MCU Park Pennants

The Staten Island Yankees have a small banner that indicates that they have won 6 championships. Look for the white arrow in the photo below. I apologize for not finding a better picture.

10803_10152513565242717_7373824261135560833_n

  1. […] Last year, I posted an article on how the Cyclones can improve MCU Park. […]

    Like

  2. Andrew Charles says:

    Where is Part 2?