Mittensaka Mittens McMunchkin

Mike McNicholas, 16, has been a Cyclones fan since 2013. The native of Gravesend, Brooklyn became a big fan when he attended a game and fell in love with the ballpark. He was especially impressed at how loud fans in Section 16 were.

Mike usually buys tickets on an individual basis and sits with his friends in Section 16 with his friends Dmitry, Nicole, Rob, EJ, Chris, Daniel and Melissa. Mike likes to attend road games in Staten Island. Mike is a big wresting fan and because of this, he does not attend Monday games. Mike frequently wears the 2013 Coney Island Skyline Jersey with an orange Cyclones hat. He always makes sure that the people in Section 16 chant “Three Up! Three Down! Lets Go!” at the start of inning when the opponents bat. Michael is frequently taunted by his fellow fans, being called named such as Mittens, McNuggets, and McMunchkin, but knows it is all in good fun.

Mike is also the subject of a Meme on our Facebook page: Brooklyn Cyclones: News & Memes thanks to as great photo by Stacey Rae Podelski of 1495Sports.

Mike’s favorite managed so far has been Tom Gamboa. His favorite players are LJ Mazzilli & Michael Katz. His favorite giveaway so far has been the Hockey Jersey given out in 2014. His favorite food is a hot dog, but he also likes buying the $2 Italian Ices from Timmy Grins. His favorite moments at MCU Parks was the 2014 NYPL All Star Game, especially the celebrity softball game. He enjoyed chanting “Lets Get Sexy” & “My Wife Left Me!” which were used in an episode of Impractical Jokers when the stars of the show came to bat.

FINAL WORDS FROM MIKE:

Lets Go Cyclones! 2015 is our year!

Every week until opening day, one die hard Brooklyn Cyclones fan will be named fan of the week. To enter the fan of the week contest, please send an message to our Facebook Page or email brooklynbaseballbanter@aol.com to receive a Fan of the Week form!

  1. […] fans, such as Gary Fishbein, will greatly benefit from this. Others, such as Johnathan Smiley and Mike McNicholas, will be forced to backtrack or find alternatives in getting to […]

    Like

  2. […] Described by many as a “bum,” Nick hails from Flatlands neighborhood of Brooklyn and is currently a Cyclones Mini Plan Holder. His seats are in Section 16 with his good friends, Daniel Weiss, Dmitry Kristal, Rob Oliveri, Rob Weiner and Mike McNicholas. […]

    Like

  3. mittensrock says:

    hello mittens boy