10877856_847032735317101_681614658_nThis afternoon, the first Group Hangout of the 2014-15 offseason was held and was an immediate success. Organized by Samuel Williams and Gary Fishbein, with the help of Daniel S. Weiss, a total of 11 fans showed up for a relaxing lunch at Peggy O’Neill’s Bar, located alongside MCU Park.

During the 2 hour event many things were discussed. Some of the topics included the 2015 season and Tom Gamboa’s possible return as manager. Also discussed were the heartbreaking end to the 2014 Cyclones season. Also briefly discusses was the Brooklyn Bolts and the FXFL.

The fans who went were quite thrilled with the event. “It was a lot of fun,” said David Zubin, “I really enjoyed seeing everyone and hope to do this again.”

Hernan Sanchez was in agreement “This was a great event.”

“I hope to organize another one sometime in April / May” said Sam Williams. “I will let people know about upcoming group events.”

“I think the turnout of 11 people was a good number” said Daniel Weiss, Editor-in-Chief of Brooklyn Baseball Banter. “It is good to start these events out small. I enjoyed catching up with other fans.”

An album will be available on our Facebook Page (Brooklyn Cyclones: News & Memes) in the coming days. Big thank you to Pat Sanchez for taking photos.

LIST OF ATTENDEES (* Denotes Season Ticket Holder)

Sam Williams * (Organizer)

Gary Fishbein * (Organizer)

Daniel Weiss * (Promoter)

Pat & Hernan Sanchez (Photos)

John Herrera *

Dorothy & Claire *

Michael Pam *

Martin Draper

David Zubin

NOTES: The Cyclones pancake breakfast held earlier in the day had about 50 attendees. There were a lot of donated toys outside the Cyclones offices this morning.

  1. Andrew Charles says:

    Looked like a lot of fun.