2015/01/img_3266.jpg
According to ESPN’s Adam Rubin, Wally Backman will manage the Las Vegas 51s this season. This is Backman’s 4th season as the Mets AAA Manager. Backman managed the Cyclones to the 2010 NYPL Finals.

Frank Viola will return to Las Vegas in his 2nd season as Pitching Coach. He served as the Cyclones Pitching Coach in 2011.

Jack Voigt, who served as Cyclones hitting coach in 2009 replaces George Greer (Cyclones 2006 Manager). Voigt spent the past 4 years as the outfield and baserunning coordinator. He is entering his 10th season overall with the Mets. He served as Triple-A Buffalo’s hitting coach in 2010.

  1. […] Benny DiStefano, 52, the Lafayette HS product who served as the Cyclones Hitting Coach in 2010 & 2014, will not be returning to his hometown this summer. Distefano has been reassigned to a roving instructor position. He is possibly replacing Jack Voigt as the outfield and baserunning coordinator, as Voigt is headed to Las Vegas. […]