mcu-park-p1050259For the last few years, there have been 2 lines to enter the main gates of Coney Island’s MCU Park. One line is for season ticket holders, who get to enter MCU Park 105 minutes before the 1st pitch. The second line was for everyone else, mini plan holders, group tickets and single game buyers. They would enter 90 minutes before the 1st pitch. The RF gate open at that time as well.

This year, the Cyclones are making efforts to guarantee the ever popular giveaway jerseys to fans who spend a lot of money tickets. Season Ticket Holders are now guaranteed a jersey if they show up to the game, regardless of how late. People who buy the Jersday Thursday Mini Plans are guaranteed a jersey if they show up by one hour after the scheduled first pitch (which is generally 8pm). They will receive vouchers with their tickets for the jerseys.

To go along with this, it looks like the Cyclones are possibly having 3 lines this season on Jersday Thursdays. The Season Ticket Holder will remain the same, but it looks like a 3rd line will be designated for those who purchase the Mermaid Ave or Neptune Ave Jersday Plans. Those with regular tickets have to enter on the main line.

Here is what I think the lines will look like. Click to enlarge.

GatesThank you Paul Hadsall of Paul’s Random Baseball Stuff for allowing me to use his photo. Check out his blog.

EDIT: 3/9/15
The Cyclones will allow those fans to enter thru the Brooklyn Baseball Gallery / Wine Drives & Short Hops Bar to the right of the STH Gate.

  1. Paul says:

    Nice idea for the plan holders… I hope that the Cyclones clearly mark all of the lines for the benefit of the folks who only go to one or two games a year, though.