10727331_1555085181387718_485350343_nDuring halftime of Wednesday night’s Brooklyn College Bulldogs game against the Lehman College Lightning at the APEX Arena, Mark Fratto, who was filling in as PA Announcer, informed me that he will be back at MCU Park this summer for his 5th full season as Public Address Announcer.

Mark Fratto took over as the full-time Public Address Announcer in August 2010 when Dave Freeman stepped down to work as an Official Scorer for Major League Baseball. He had previously served as backup announcer to Freeman.

Fratto is known for his golden voice and professional approach to his job.

Fratto is becoming a familiar voice in the NYC sports world. He is the voice of the St. John’s Red Storm, having served as St. John’s University for 10 years as Senior Associate Director of Athletic Communications for 10 years. He is a backup announcer for the New York Knicks & Liberty, as well as an announcer for many college games at Madison Square Garden. He also served an an announcer for served as public address announcer for the New Haven Ravens, (AA – Colorado Rockies) in 1998.

This past year he was named as PA Announcer for the Brooklyn Bolts of the FXFL, the Westchester Knicks of the NBA Development League and New York City Football Club of Major League Soccer.

A tweet from Stu Johnson also confirmed that he will return as Radio Broadcaster for the Brooklyn Cyclones in 2015. Stu joined the Cyclones before the 2014 season and was an immediate hit with Cyclones fans.stu-johnson When the Brooklyn Bolts began play in October 2014, he was named broadcaster for them as well.

Before joining the Cyclones, Johnson was the Voice of the John Hopkins Blujays from 2010-2013. He called play-by-play for baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse and soccer. In the summer of 2013, he was a broadcaster for the Baltimore Red Birds of the Cal Ripken Collegiate Baseball League . In Spring 2013, Johnson was an Analyst for ESPN Radio Williamsport.  He also interned for WBAL+, ABC, CNN, Newsweek, & ESPN Radio Williamsport.

During the 2010 MLB season, Johnson worked as a Media Relations Intern for the New York Mets, alongside Billy Harner, who is now the Cyclones Director of Communications. In 2011 he worked for the TV home of the Mets, SportsNet New York.

In a tweet to me, Johnson expressed how happy he was about returning.

  1. […] Mark Fratto, MCU Park’s PA Announcer, who has had a big role in promoting the event, will serve as ring announcer. He replaces “Diamond” David Diamante. […]

    Like

  2. Andrew Charles says:

    I like the PA guy. Has a nice voice