10987583_10152726662642717_8149281086197917735_nThe Brooklyn Cyclones and New York Mets officially announced that Tom Gamboa will return as manager, with Tom Signore serving as pitching coach and that Yunir Garcia will serve as hitting coach for the 2015 Brooklyn Cyclones. Brooklyn Baseball Banter reported that the return of Gamboa & Signore back in January in a exclusive article.

11007498_10153741112307366_355685207_nGarcia, 32, is in his 8th season with the Mets organization as a coach. He joins the Cyclones after serving as the Rookie Level Kingsport Mets Hitting Coach from 2011-2014. Before that he was the hitting coach for the Dominican Summer League Mets 2010 & Venezuelan Summer League Mets from 2008-2009.

Garcia played with the Mets for 8 years, making it as high as AAA in 2006. He appeared in 37 games with the Cyclones in 2003 & 10 games in 2004. He is the 2nd former Cyclone to serve as hitting coach, joining Bobby Malek, who played for the Cyclones in 2002 & coached from 2011-2013.

FonzieNo mention was made about Edgardo Alfonzo, although we have confirmation from a reliable source that he will return as an Infield / 1B Coach. He is officially a New York Mets Club Ambassador. Alfonzo also serves as a roving instructor with the Binghamton Mets and Savannah Sand Gnats.

Alfonzo is the 3rd member of his family to don a Cyclones uniform. His older brother was the teams inaugural manager in 2001 & served as skipper in 2007 & 2008. Edgar Alfonzo Jr. pitched in 20 games for the Cyclones in 2004 & another 2 in 2005.

Coaching StaffThe Brooklyn Cyclones also announced that Kiyoshi Tada will return as Athletic Trainer and Joe Lego will return as Strength & Conditioning Coach, having served in the same respective roles last season. Tada was named the NY Penn League’s Trainer of the Year in 2014.

Tada was with the Cyclones as the Athletic Trainer during the 2011 season. Joe is a graduate of LIU Brooklyn and had his graduation at MCU Park.

  1. Andrew Charles says:

    Good to see Gamboa is back

    Like

  2. Mike McNicholas says: