Muno

A shot of Danny Muno on the MCU Park Video Board in 2011 (c) Danny Muno

Danny Muno, who set the Cyclones record for highest batting average by hitting .355 in during the 2011 season, has been called up to the New York Mets. The former Cyclones SS will primarily play SS & 3B with David Wright on the disabled list.

Muno is the 46th member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to make the Major Leagues. He is the 3rd Cyclone from the 2011 team that made the playoffs to make the Majors, joining pitchers Jose De La Torre & Rafael Montero.

Muno was suspended 50 games back in May 2012 for testing positive for the anabolic steroid Drostanolone. Since then, his record has been clean.

  1. […] is the 5th member of the 2011 team to play in the Majors, joining RHP Rafael Montero, SS Danny Muno, RHP Cory Mazzoni, & LHP Jack […]

    Liked by 1 person

  2. […] Danny Muno, who holds the Brooklyn Cyclones record for batting average of .355 in 2011, was released from the […]

    Like

  3. […] & leadoff hitter on the 2010 Brooklyn Cyclones and hit .351, a record that stood for a year, as Danny Muno hit .355 in […]

    Like

  4. […] Mazzoni will be the 49th member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the Major Leagues. He will also be the 4th member of the 2011 Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the majors, joining RHPs Jose De La Torre & Rafael Montero and INF Danny Muno, who made his debut recently. […]