ny_mazzonic_200

Cory Mazzoni (c) Brooklyn Cyclones

Cory Mazzoni, who pitched in 6 games for the Cyclones in 2011, has been called up by the San Diego Padres to the major leagues. During his 6 innings over the course of 6 games, Mazzoni struck out 10 batters.

Mazzoni was in the Mets system from 2011 until he was traded by the Mets to the Padres, along with a player to be named later, for LHP Alex Torres on March 30th, 2015. Mazzoni also pitched for the St. Lucie Mets, the Binghamton Mets & the Las Vegas 51s.

Mazzoni will be the 49th member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the Major Leagues. He will also be the 4th member of the 2011 Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the majors, joining RHPs Jose De La Torre & Rafael Montero and INF Danny Muno, who made his debut recently.

  1. […] 5th member of the 2011 team to play in the Majors, joining RHP Rafael Montero, SS Danny Muno, RHP Cory Mazzoni, & LHP Jack […]