MC4A5164Over the years, I have scored many baseball games on various scorecards. Over time, I found some scorecards that I liked & many that I do not like. Some were lacking features while some had features I liked. The Brooklyn Cyclones scorecard in their program became a preferred one, as it had room for up to 11 innings.

This past winter, I set out to create me own scorecard that would not only be to my personal liking, but for those who like to keep good stats at various levels of baseball. I was big on using one of the scorecards that is available for free from Patrick McGovern’s baseballscorecard.com & I edited it to my liking. I used McGovern’s Vertical Scorecard as a template. After attending many Mets & college games, I figured out what it should look like for the 2015 Brooklyn Cyclones season.

With that being said, here is the official Brooklyn Cowbell Guy Baseball Scorecard.

Here are some features I added:

Added a line score.

Decreased the amount of batters from 12 to 9 (because there are only 9 spots in the batting order.

Increased the space for pitchers from 5 to 9 (due to excessive bullpen use). Added box to indicate righty or lefty. Added Total Pitches, as well as Balls & Strikes.

Removed space that was assigned for 3rd catcher

Added a box for defensive stats (Errors, Double Plays Turned, Wild Pitches)

Added a box for offensive stats (Doubles, Triples, Home Runs, Stolen Bases, Caught Stealing, Sacrifice Flies & Double Plays hit into)

Added in space for RF & LF Umpires.

Added area for notes / defensive alignment.

I want to thank a few people for their input & influence on this. I want to thank Gershon Rabinowitz, who handles Media Relations & writes for Baseball Essential. He has told me how helpful my Initial Version was. His suggestions were boxes for a pitchers pitch count. That was added, along with room for balls & strikes. He also suggested defensive alignment. The box in the bottom corner, which I prefer to us is thanks to him.

I also want to thank Robert Bloom, who has a binder full of different scorecards from different teams over the years. He let me thumb through it to figure out what to add & not to add. He was also of help in some input of it.

For those of you who need a double sided copy to print, CLICK HERE.

  1. larue bodie says:

    Invaluable ideas ! For what it’s worth if others need a Baseball Scorecard , my business came across a sample version

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Rene says:

    Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Taking the time and acual effort to create a top notch article… but what can I say… I hesitate a whole lot and don’t seem too get nearly anything done.