DSC03610With Cyclones Season Ticket Holder Night at Citi Field less than 24 hours away, this is a good time to answer a question a fan emailed to me.

Usually I respond privately, but I figured this one was worth posting publicly.

This email comes from one of my readers, Andrew:

Dear Daniel,

I am an avid reader of Brooklyn baseball Banter. I love the coverage you provide of the Cyclones.

Tomorrow is Cyclones season ticket holder night at Citi Field. What is the proper dress code for it? Mets or Cyclones apparel?

Andrew

I responded the following

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for the kind letter. Officially, there is no dress code. You may wear whatever you want, provided it doesn’t violate Citi Field policy.

Daniel

To which he responded

Hey Daniel

I want your opinion. Should a fan wear Mets or Cyclones gear?

Andrew

So, someone wants my opinion, and here it is:

  1. If you are a New York Mets fan & your fanship of the Brooklyn Cyclones is based on the fact that they are the Mets Short Season A affiliate in the New York – Penn League, I suggest wearing Mets gear, with some Cyclones gear.
  2. If you are one of those morons who is a Yankees fan, (or a fan of another team,) but support the Brooklyn Cyclones, wear Cyclones gear.
  3. If you are only a fan of the Brooklyn Cyclones & do not follow or have any loyalties to any MLB Team, wear Brooklyn Cyclones gear.
Please note these opinions are mine & mine alone. They do not represent the views of the New York Mets or Brooklyn Cyclones. It is up to your discretion if you would like VOLUNTARILY to follow it.