d cecil

Darrell Ceciliani (c) Pat Sanchez

Late last night, the New York Mets called up OF Darrell Ceciliani. Ceciliani was the CF & leadoff hitter on the 2010 Brooklyn Cyclones and hit .351, a record that stood for a year, as Danny Muno hit .355 in 2011.

Ceciliani was Drafted by the Mets in the 4th Round of the 2009 MLB June Amateur Draft. He played for Columbia Basin College in Pasco, WA.

After spending the 2009 season in Kingsport, Ceciliani headed to Brooklyn where he excelled under Manager Wally Backman. He led the team with a .351 batting average, which including 95 hits. He led the Cyclones with 19 doubles, 12 triples, & 35 stolen base. He drove in 35 runs and scored 56 times while also hitting 2 home runs that season.

Ceciliani was named to the 2010 NY Penn League All Star Game in Staten Island where he started the game. For his amazing season, the Mets named Ceciliani the Sterling Award winner for the Brooklyn Cyclones.

Ceciliani would spend the 2011 season with the Savannah Sand gnats before heading to the St. Lucie Mets in 2012. After spending 2013 & 2014 with the Binghamton Mets, he was promoted to the Las Vegas 51s, playing once again under Wally Backman.

Ceciliani will be the 51st member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the Major Leagues. He will be the 34th to make his debut with the Mets and 35th to play for both the Mets and the Cyclones. He will be the 3rd member of the 2010 Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the majors, joining SS Wilfredo Tovar & C Juan Centeno.

  1. […] favorite Brooklyn Cyclones manager to date. His favorite players to date have been Angel Pagan, Darrel Cecilliani, Michael Conforto & Michael Katz. His favorite giveaway so far was the New York Jets style […]

    Like

  2. Jeffrey S says:

    I see, that your blog needs unique & fresh content. I know it’s hard to write content manually everyday, but you do it.