1097822_10102143895178679_119017741_oKyle Petersen, whose juggling & uni-cycling antics have entertained Brooklyn Cyclones fans for the last 8 seasons has informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that he will not be returning to the dugout roof of MCU Park.

The alum of Brooklyn College joined the Cyclones before the 2006 season, getting a job as peanut vendor. While walking throughout the stadium selling food, Kyle would juggle & put on a show to the delight of fans.

As the years went on, Kyle shifted away from working as a Peanut Vendor, and became part of the game day entertainment staff, helping King Henry & the Beach Bums. It would be nothing short of normal for Kyle to unicycle down the foul line during the Hot Dog Race as Mustard or participate in a dizzy bat race. For awhile, the Cyclones would start the Middle of the 8th with Kyle juggling, uni cycling & hula-hooping on the dugout to the tune of Hawaii 5-0 before the t-shirt toss.

Kyle was also involved other Coney Island activity, including the Loose Caboose Show. He also had some popular videos on his YouTube channel titled Unicycle Action News.

Kyle now resides & works in Las Vegas. While he does not work for the Las Vegas 51s, the Mets AAA Affiliate, he is open to the possibility of it down the line.

In a statement to Brooklyn Baseball Banter Kyle had nothing but great words to say about his time with the Cyclones.

The eight seasons I spent with the Brooklyn Cyclones were absolutely incredible. I will miss the fans, the energy, the action and the smell of freshly mowed Astroturf. It’s been a wild ride, guys.

Here are some videos of Kyle during his time with the Cyclones.

  1. […] tops stories, such as Gamboa’s return, LaRoche filling in for Signore, Kyle’s retirement and […]

    Like

  2. […] week, Kyle announced his retirement from the Brooklyn Cyclones. Fans of the Cyclones have expressed how sad they are to see him go while wishing him the best of […]

    Like

  3. Kyle The Peanut Vendor – absolutely one of my favorite Cyclones memories! When he first started bringing his unicycle, I remember being pretty vocal that we needed to make a REALLY big deal of his appearances on the dugout. We did, and we gave him a theme song (Hawaii Five-O) and I made sure EVERYONE was watching him on the Cyclones dugout when he would display his ridiculous talent. Wishing you all the best, Kyle 🙂