JOey GJoey Goffstein, informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter this morning that he will return to his role as Head Bat Boy & Assistant Clubhouse Manager for the Brooklyn Cyclones for the 2015 season.

This will be his 7th year working in a professional dugout. Prior to joining the Brooklyn Cyclones, Goffstein had served as the Newark Bears Head Bat Boy from April 2009 until the team folded in November 2013. He had also served as Assistant Clubhouse Manager as well beginning in May 2011. Goffstein served as bat boy for the Cyclones for a handful of games towards the end of the 2011 season.

Goffstein spent the past academic year in Israel, where he spent some time teaching Israeli kids about baseball. He will play baseball for TCNJ next season.

In a statement to Brooklyn Baseball Banter, Joey stated “I am very excited to be able to return this season. Last year was a great first year with the team and looking forward to make 2015 an even better year. It is an honor to work for a great organization like the Brooklyn Cyclones, as well as the New York Mets”

When he joined the Cyclones prior to the 2014 season, many Newark Bears had great things to say about Joey. All of that is available by CLICKING HERE