1Last night, MCU Park hosted the Mayor’s Cup, which is an All Star Game for the best PSAL & CHSAA atheltes.

The CHSAA defeated the PSAL by a score of 7-2 in 7 innings. Andy Camilo (Salesian HS) was named he MVP after his big day at the plate helped the CHSAA capture the title of “Best in the City” for the second straight year.

Pictures from Cliff Zeman will be available later in the day.

11401502_876941832394082_8794926918230516452_nOne of the players on the CHSAA All Star Team was OF Nick Meola. Nick is the son of MCU Park’s Heads Groundskeeper, Mike Meola. Nick played for Xaverian this past season and will play next season at Division II Queens College. Nick has helped his father with the upkeep of the MCU Park FieldTurf in the past.

Mike posted this online.

“Congrats Nick on being selected to the all city team .. Always proud of you bud.”

ADAM RUBIN RELEASES PART OF ROSTER

ESPN’s Adam Rubin has released the preliminary roster, which includes 10 returning Cyclones from last year. CLICK HERE for the Roster.

Last night’s trip to MCU Park for the Mayor’s Cup also allowed me notice a few changes to expect for this season.

New Kosher Stand2

Once again, MCU Park has a new operator for their Kosher Stand. Last season, Fresko Fresh operated the Kosher stand. This season, David’s Deli, which has a stand at Barclays Center, will operate the MCU Park Kosher stand.

The Kosher Stand has also been relocated from near the Home Plate Concessions area to the 3B Line outside of Section 7.

1New Dugout Ads

This season, MCU Park will have new ads atop the dugout roofs. Last night, the dugouts were completely white. The new ad will be put on in the next day or 2.

4New Location for Cool Suppliers

Cool Suppliers, which sells Sorbet Squeeze Pops aka ICEYs, for an affordable $2 has had their concessions booth relocated from behind Section 4 to Section 12. You can still catch Timmy Grins walking around the seating bowl selling his ICEYs, which come in Mango, Blueberry Red Raspberry, Wild Cherry & Strawberry Lemonade. They are peanut free, dairy free & gluten free and contain no GMOs.

5NEW: Taco Stand

A few feet past the Cool Suppliers Stand is a new Taco Stand. All I can tell you right now is that they will be selling Tacos.

3NEW: Arancini Bros Stand

Here is what I got from their website:

Arancini, or “little oranges,” named from the rice balls’ appearance when they emerge from the deep fryer, are a traditional street food in Sicily dating back to the tenth century. They are deep fried balls of risotto stuffed with various fillings. Beyond the traditional arancini with meat ragu inside a saffron risotto, there are dozens of other varieties both savory and sweet, including seafood, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. When done properly, arancini are truly an art form. Their preparation is both time-consuming and labor-intensive. Arancini Bros.’ arancini are a labor of love and are amongst the best anywhere.

This will be located outside of Section 4, where ICEYs was.