qmeme_1435236227379_587If you were planning on getting tonight’s giveaway jersey in size 2XL, you can “fuhgeddaboutit.”

A source within the Brooklyn Cyclones front office informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter last night that the team will no longer be offering 2XL sized jerseys on Jersday Thursdays.

Since 2012, fans were able to upgrade from an XL to a 2XL for a mere $3, as it cost the Cyclones $3 more to make bigger jerseys. However, the team stopped charging midway through 2014.

While the team did not say why at the time, a source informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter last year that while the team received many complaints over the years about the $3 fee, they were mostly dismissed, as “the people kept paying the $3 despite their unhappiness.” It was a number of threats of legal action over the $3 fee that forced the Cyclones to put an end to it.

A few fans reported seeing a longtime Season Ticket Holder verbally threaten Brooklyn Cyclones VP Steve Cohen with a lawsuit over the $3 fee towards the end of last season.

Some fans, however, did not mind paying the $3. One fan, who asked to remain anonymous said this in a message to the Editor.

“It’s ridiculous how a couple of oversensitive fans who should diet if they are that sensitive about their weight had to ruin it for everyone.

I am a little on the chubby side & get the 2XL so it’s not so tight, as these freebies run small. Now I am forced to squeeze into an XL, which ain’t even a real XL.

I did not mind paying the $3. I did it out of free will. Nobody forced these fans to pay the $3, as they could have kept the XL. Hell, nobody forced them to even come for the free jerseys.”

It will be interesting to see how fans who didn’t mind paying will react to the change.

  1. Glen Schneider says:

    I’m a New STH & Quite Frankly am Upset at not being able to get the Larger Jersey, I would be willing to Pay for the Larger Size.