qmeme_1435463244516_380The Cyclones bounced back from a tough loss to the Tigers by winning tonight’s game 4-1.

Connecticut got on the scoreboard in the Top of the 1st. Victor Padron & Zambrano led off with back-to-back singles of Cyclones starter Gaby Almonte. After getting Brett Pirtle to pop out and Will Allen to look at Strike 3, Almonte attempted a pickoff, but the error allowed Padron to score and Zambrano to move to 3rd. After walking Corey Baptist, Adrian Alfaro lined out to end the inning.

The Cyclones tied it up in the Bottom of the 2nd when Katz hit a double with 1 out. Katz stole 3rd and a throwing error by Tigers Catcher Will Allen allowed Katz to even the score.

The Cyclones would take the lead in the Bottom of the 4th. Michael Bernal hit a 1-out single to center and went to 2nd on a balk. David Thompson, in his 1st start for the Cyclones singled to right, scoring Bernal (Thompson went to 2nd on the throw.) Michael Katz knocked one outta MCU Park to make it a 4-1 game and get Katz Korner meowing.

Almonte threw 6 innings of 1-run ball, giving up 5 hits, a walk and striking out 3. Nicco Blank and PJ Conlon earned a hold for throwing a shutout inning each. Alex Palsha pitched a scoreless 9th for his 2nd save of the season to send the crowd of 6,787 home happy.

The Cyclones improve to 5-3. They look to take the series tomorrow night for the final game of the home-stand. First pitch is scheduled for 6pm.

BOX SCORE & PLAY BY PLAY