Gaither Bumgardner

Gaither Bumgardner (c) Pat Sanchez

The New York Mets have sent RHP Gaither Bumgardner to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The Mets will receive the an extra slot in the international bonus pool.

The Mets got the No. 90 from the Los Angeles Dodgers, giving them an extra $239,400, according to Baseball America, to spend on international players before facing penalties.

Bumgardner was selected by the Mets in the in the 23rd round of the 2013 Major League from the University of South Carolina – Upstate.

In 2014, Bumgardner appeared in 12 games for the Cyclones. He pitched 31.1 innings, giving up 20 hits, 14 runs (8 earned), a homer & 11 walks while striking out 27 to post an ERA of 2.30.

Bumgardner’s father, Gaither Ray Bumgardner I, died on July 24, 2014 at the age of 65.

This season, Bumgardner played for the Savannah Sand Gnats from April 10th to 19th. He went back to extended spring training before joining the Cyclones. He went 2-0 with a 2.57 ERA in three games this season.

The last Cyclone to be traded for international pool money was Julio Concepcion in 2013.

  1. Ignacio says:

    Hi! Quick question that’s entirely off topic. Do you
    know howw to make your site mobile friendly? My blog looks weird
    when viewing from my iphone. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin thazt might bee ablee to corect
    this issue. If you havfe any recommendations, please share.

    Cheers!

    Like

  2. […] Bumgardner, who was traded to Anaheim, was released by the […]