qmeme_1436030376759_957The Brooklyn Cyclones were unable to sweep the Hudson Valley Renegades last night at Dutchess County Stadium, as they lost 4-1.

Hudson Valley got things going in the Bottom of the 1st. With Nicco Blank starting for Michael Gibbons, who got sent to Binghamton for the start, Cade Gotta & Michael Russell led off with walks. Hector Montes flew out to right, sending Gotta to 3rd. A wild pitch by Blank allowed Gotta to score and moved Russell to 2nd. Manny Sanchez grounded out & Taylor Hawkins struck out to end the inning.

Brooklyn finally got a run in during the Top of the 5th off Cameron Varga, when Vinny Siena singled in nicco-blankAlfredo Reyes.

Alfredo ReyesThe Renegades got their revenge in the Bottom of the 5th. Angel Moreno led off with a single and went to 2nd on a wild pitch. Alex Schmidt went down swinging, but a single by Josh Paez score Moreon. Paez stole 3rd and went to 3rd on a throwing error by C Jose Garcia. Cade Gotta grounded out to end the inning with the Renegades up 3-1.

Tom Gamboa summoned in Craig Missigman in the Bottom of the 6th to replace Nicco Blank. Missigman allowed a run to score when he hit Michael Russell with a pitch and gave up a double to Hector Montes.

The Cyclones were unable to score any more runs and lost to the Renegades 4-1. They fall to 9-5 on the season, half a game up on Staten Island. They return to MCU Park tonight to start a 3-game set with Crosscutters.

ls

Written by Guest Writer Andrew McKeon