641455

Andrew Church (Photo courtesy of Allen Greene Photography / Kingsport Mets)

The New York Mets have assigned RHP Andrew Church to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

Church was Drafted by the New York Mets in the 2nd round of the 2013 MLB June Amateur Draft from Basic HS in Henderson, Nevada.

Church spent the 2013 season with the GCL Mets, going 3-3 with an ERA of 5.91 in 9 games, 6 of them starts. He spent the 2014 season in Kingsport, going 3-5 with an ERA of 4.61 in 11 starts.

Church pitched in 2 games this season with the GCL Mets as a reliever. He went 1-0 with an ERA of 3.00 in 3 innings pitched.

Church will wear 25 on his jersey, which was previously worn by Michael Katz, who was promoted to Savannah.

Photo courtesy of Allen Greene Photography / Kingsport Mets.

  1. […] Church joined the Cyclones on July 5th and appeared in 9 games for Brooklyn, starting 8 of them. He will finish the season with a record of 2-3 and an ERA of 5.18. He pitched 41.2 innings, giving up 28 runs, 24 earned, and striking out 22. […]

    Like

  2. […] Brooklyn tonight to take on the Renegades. LHP Blake Taylor is expected to make his Cyclones debut. RHP Andrew Church will piggy back with him. RHP Cameron Varga (1-1, 2.30) will take the hill for Hudson Valley. […]