Johnny Mags

Johnny Magliozzi (c) Brooklyn Cyclones

The New York Mets have assigned RHP Johnny Magliozzi to Brooklyn.

Magliozzi was originally drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays in the 35th round of the 2011 MLB June Amateur Draft from Dexter School in Brookline , MA. He did not sign and was later drafted by the New York Mets in the 17th round of the 2013 MLB June Amateur Draft from University of Florida.

Magliozzi pitched for the Cyclones in 2013, serving as the closer. He joined the team on 7/12/12, which is 2 years and a day from his 2nd assignment to Brooklyn. He pitched in 14 games, finishing 10 and converting 9 saves. Magliozzi posted an ERA of 1.17 (2 earned runs) in 15.1 innings pitched.

Magliozzi missed the 2014 season with an injury due to Tommy John Surgery.

He appeared in 2 games with the GCL Mets, giving up 3 runs & 6 hits in 1.2 innings pitched.

Magliozzi orginally wore 24 as a Cyclone in 2013. However, Jeff Diehl wears that number. He will wear 48.

  1. […] will wear 25 & Rojas will wear 19. Johnny Magliozzi, who was assigned a few days ago, will wear […]