Luis Mateo

Luis Mateo (c) Brooklyn Cyclones

The New York Mets have promoted RHP Luis Mateo from the GCL Mets to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

He is still rehabbing from Tommy John Surgery from 2013.

Mateo spent the 2012 & 2014 seasons in Brooklyn. In 2012, he went 4-5 in 12 starts while posting an ERA of 2.45.He earned himself a trip to the NYPL All Star Game in Mahoning Valley.

In 2014, he appeared in 4 games, pitching 5 innings while posting an ERA of 7.20 (4 earned runs)

The Mets signed Luis Mateo in 2011 & he played for the DSL Mets. Mateo made it as high as AA in 2012.